49ers GM John Lynch revealed his offseason communications with QB Tom Brady.
“I sent him a text when he retired,” Lynch stated, through NinersWire.com. “He was a teammate for about three weeks at one point, so I sent him a text, just congratulations on one of the greatest careers that I’ve ever seen in any sport. And I wished him the best, so we’ll leave it at that.”
- 49ers GM John Lynch stated QB Brock Purdy will meet an elbow surgeon in Arizona later this week and will endure surgical procedure the next week, per Matt Barrows of The Athletic.
- Lynch stated their relationship with Jimmy Garoppolo has run its course: “We admire the teammate that he was … I do think it’s probably run its course,” through Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Lynch doesn’t anticipate new DC Steve Wilks to make overhauling adjustments to their system and can keep on with what has confirmed profitable, per NBC Sports’ Matt Maiocco.
- Lynch stated they intend on trying into the quarterback market to verify they’re prepared in case mass accidents occur on the place once more: “We may have to look into the quarterback market in addition to Brock and Trey to insulate ourselves from what might happen,” through Cam Inman of the East Bay Times.
- As for Lance’s situation, Lynch stated the quarterback is doing effectively along with his rehab and began throwing just lately: “[He is] doing really well…I don’t see a limp…he did start the throwing here recently. Trey is rehabbing extremely well. He did have that secondary procedure,” through Bridget Condon.
- Utah LB Mohamoud Diabate has met with a number of groups on the mix together with the 49ers, Bills, Broncos, Chargers, Falcons, and Jets. (Justin Melo)
New Cardinals DC Nick Rallis needs to fill out his protection with explosive gamers who match the type of S Budda Baker this offseason.
“Budda sets the standard on how you play this game,” Rallis stated at his introductory press convention. “It is violent. It is high-motor 24-7. We’re going to continue to demand to push that even further and for everyone to be at that standard of playing violently and being explosive. Everybody has to get better.”
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll says that LB Jordyn Brooks will want extra time to recuperate from the ACL tear he suffered final season.
“He’s doing really well,” Carroll stated, through SeahawksWire.com. “The process is happening, the whole rehab process, but it’s going to be a while. A healthy young kid, he’s going to be able to bounce back as fast as you can come back, and he’s a hard worker and pushes himself and all of that. But you’ve got to just hope for a smooth process along the way so there are no setbacks.”
- Carroll additionally talked about that TE Will Dissly won’t want surgical procedure on his knee and must be prepared for the beginning of the season. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll on the harm restoration of S Jamal Adams: “He is making his progress. He’s doing his stuff. We’ll see him in the next week or so in person, so we’re anxious to get connected with him. But when he came out and visited with our guys and checked in, everything was going the way it was supposed to go.” (John Boyle)
Looking for the most recent NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be certain to comply with NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 groups!